Norgen Biotek Achieves Illumina Propel Certification as a Service Provider for Next Generation Sequencing
THOROLD, ON, Nov. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ – Norgen Biotek Corp., an innovative privately held Canadian biotechnology company focusing primarily on nucleic acid and protein stabilization and purification, as well as providing high quality services to the scientific community, today announced that it has become Propel-Certified through Illumina as a Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) service provider. Norgen’s Propel Certification covers both the NextSeq 500 System and the NextSeq 550 System.
Propel-Certified Labs demonstrate proficiency with Illumina NGS systems. In order to achieve Propel Certification, labs must undergo an intensive on-sight audit that covers all aspects of NGS, from receiving samples to the generation of the final report. Norgen was able to satisfy all the requirements of the Illumina Propel audit in order to successfully achieve certification. This new certification will complement Norgen’s current quality certifications to ISO 15189:2012, ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 9001:2015, indicating our continued commitment to providing high quality services and products to the scientific community.
Norgen Biotek offers comprehensive services for NGS in a state-of-the-art laboratory from sample isolation to sequencing. Norgen has extensive expertise in sample preparation, sequencing and analysis of all types of samples. Norgen specifically provides expert NGS and bioinformatics solutions for RNA-Sequencing/Small RNA-Sequencing of bodily fluids, especially ultra-low concentration samples like plasma, serum, CSF, exosomes, single cells and FFPE. Norgen also has additional expertise in Bacterial/Viral, Exosome, SNP, Microbiome, Targeted Amplicon, and Library Sequencing. Our expert staff will assist in the initial consultation and sample handling to the final analysis of data presented in an easy to understand report. All projects receive full attention by experts with a guaranteed fast turn-around time and competitive pricing.
“Achieving the Illumina Propel Certification as a Service Provider for NGS is a testament to our commitment and emphasis on quality and precision. I am delighted that Norgen Biotek is one of only two NGS service providers in Canada to achieve this certification, and that we are the only company to provide specialized services for ultra-low input samples. Our highly skilled scientists will continue to provide outstanding services to our loyal customers” said Dr. Yousef Haj-Ahmad, President & CEO of Norgen Biotek.
About Norgen Biotek Corp.
Norgen Biotek Corp., an ISO 15189:2012, ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 registered company, is a privately-held Canadian biotech company committed to providing innovative products and services to the life sciences and pharmaceutical industry. Norgen is applying its proprietary technologies to develop best-in-class products for the stabilization and purification of nucleic acids and proteins, as well as for molecular diagnostics.
CONNECT WITH US
Google News Feed
- Automated Microbiology Market Overview to 2020 – 2025 – Jewish Market Reports - Jewish Life News
- Protective antibodies identified for rare, polio-like disease in children - EurekAlert
- COVID-19: Significant Shift in Strategy of Global Automated Microbiology Market 2020-2024 | Evolving Opportunities with Abbott Laboratories and Agilent Technologies Inc. | Technavio | 2020-07-03 | Press Releases - Stockhouse
- Microbiology Bacterial Culture for Industrial Testing Market Recent Developments and Growth Strategies Adopted by Top Key Players Worldwide and Assessment to 2020-2025 - 3rd Watch News
- Rapid Microbiology Tests: Market 2020-2025 Remarkable Developments By Leading Key Players Like Danaher Corporation, Hoffman-La Roche AG, Orasure Technologies Inc, Siemens Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc - Daily Research Chronicles